openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on a new build system for AOO
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 09:33:15 GMT
On 2/5/16, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Patricia .. good point about IDE's.
>
> We have a dilemma here:
>
> On one side ~80% of our users are Windows-based so it would certainly
> be ideal to use an environment where we keep both our users and our
> developers in sync. Unfortunately the majority of our developers are
> not Windows based so ideally we should have an environment that people
> on Mac and UNIX find acceptable.

Sorry to parachute into the conversation, I'm not a c/c++ dev and I'm
mostly a lurker on this list but just wanted to mention another option
that you guys might have missed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GYP_(software)

BSD license, written in Python, used by Chrpmium so Windows should be
supported too.

If it doesn't help, sorry about that... just wanted to add my $0.02
FC