openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thesaurus US - 752 synonyms with duplicate meanings
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:56:30 GMT
> I have tested the new "unduplicate simple meanings" on the US thesaurus
> and it found duplicated meanings in 752 synonyms:

(moving the conversation to BCC for l10n and QA; interested people can
follow-up on dev)

May I know what is the definition of a "duplicate" meaning for your
tool? It looks interesting. I may want to test it on the Italian
dictionary too.

> Not sure if I should convert the thesaurus to UTF-8 and then remove the
> duplicates... what do you suggest?

I converted the Italian dictionary to UTF-8 long ago without any
reported issues. I fail to see how/this is related to a de-duplication
of some kind.

Regards,
   Andrea.