openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Röllig <mroellig.n...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Calc needs major overhaul
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:54:11 GMT
On 02/14/2016 06:32 PM Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 02/14/2016 12:17 AM, knsmr04@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
>>
>> Please share this email with Calc development team members.
>>

>> Calc used to be a brilliant spreadsheet.
>>
>> Please take a look at the following site.
>>

>> http://wsatellite.web.fc2.com/research/openoffice/calcform01.html
>>

>> Is there any programmer who can figure out how to solve this issue?
>>

>> The minimum solution that I require is the help document for this FORM operations.
>>

>> I hope Calc wins recognition as the best spreadsheet in the world,
>> since Excel continues to degrade with each "upgrade".
>>

>> Thank you.
>
> Well this is intriguing.
>
> Do you have the actual spreadsheet used to display the image in:
> http://wsatellite.web.fc2.com/research/openoffice/calcform01.html
>
> To take a closer look at this problem, it would be best to file an
> issue in Bugzilla: https://bz.apache.org/ooo/
>
> and attach the spreadsheet you've done so far so someone can take a
> closer look at helping.

I think the better place is a support/discussion forum. There should be
discussed the right way for the goal. (Which goal?)

If I understand the problem right, there may be a solution by using
Data/Validity… in combination with VLOOKUP(). Copying data from one cell
to another isn't possible without using a macro (with or without form
controls).