openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Building on Windows
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:52:58 GMT
Hi Patricia,

Patricia Shanahan schrieb:
> My build finished!
>
> The next problem is to run it. I have hit two problems, one minor. The
> minor problem is that
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7
> has incorrect paths using "OpenOffice" rather than "Apache_OpenOffice".
>
> The more serious problem is that there does not seem to be a zip file
> for running without actually installing.

You are right, there is only the folder en-US (or your preferred
language) in instset-native/wntmsci12/Apache_OpenOffice. You can use the
setup or the msi-file to make an administrative installation.

When you have got the installation, then when you made changes, then it
is enough to drop those files from solver/420/wntmsci12/bin into your
installation, which have changed. Most times that are only a few dlls.

LibreOffice generates a folder with an immediately executable
soffice.exe. So there might exist a configure switch for that in Apache
OpenOffice too, but I don't know.

Kind regards
Regina