openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Building on Windows
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 00:43:33 GMT

On 2/4/2016 3:36 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/4/2016 12:40 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Patricia,

>>> I remove the output-tree manually
>>>
>>> Starting in main:
>>> find . -maxdepth 2 -name "wntmsci12*" | xargs rm -rf
>>>
>>> In addition delete wntmsci12* from folder solver.
>>>
>>> In addition delete wntmsci12* from folders in ext_libraries
>>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> My next question is the best way to control the C compiler options. I want
>> to get rid of precompiled headers.
>>

> You're using precompiled headers because you passed --enable-pch to
> ./configure.

I think we should change the sample configure parameters in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7

There is a serious bug in the Visual Studio C compiler that causes the
"unexpected precompiled header error" failures, so enable-pch should not
be suggested.

Patricia