openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Building on Windows
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 14:21:55 GMT
I had 25 consecutive "build --all" attempts fail, at different places,
due to the retryable errors. The general behavior, and the fact that the
frequency of failure varies from environment to environment, supports
the theory that the failures are due to poorly managed multiprocessing.

Accordingly, yesterday I started a completely clean build, from a fresh
checkout, with enable_multiprocessing set to zero in both build.pl and
build_client.pl. Is there anything else I need to do to suppress MP?

That built attempt failed with the following error:

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '".\..\..\lib\icuin.lib"'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe' :
return code '0x2'
Stop.
dmake:  Error code 2, while making
'./wntmsci12.pro/misc/build/so_built_so_icu'
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/icu

:

It

Matters

50% of the time

> [...]