openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Bullock <g...@nwra.com>
Subject Re: Building on Windows
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 02:54:15 GMT

> On 2/2/2016 4:34 PM, Greg Bullock wrote:
>>
>> On 2/1/2016 3:33 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> Thanks for looking into it. It appears to probably be, ultimately, an
>>> issue with TortoiseSVN mangling line endings. I am redoing the
>>> checkout using Cygwin's command line svn. Once that is done, I'll copy
>>> over a few things from the old tree, and try again from autoconf on.
>>>
>>> Patricia
>>
>> I know you've already moved on to cygwin's command line svn, but for
>> completeness: I believe TortoiseSVN lets you set options for whether and
>> how line endings should be handled on checkout.
>
> I found some information about that, but it was not clear how to set
> "don't mess with the endings at all" for an entire source tree.

I think you right-click (from File Explorer) on the top-level working
folder and choose TortoiseSVN: Properties.
Then click New... : EOL, and choose either As is (no specific EOL) or
Linux (LF) -- not sure whether it makes a difference for AOO or which is
more appropriate.
I *think* that setting then applies to subfolders of your working folder.

-Greg