openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Building on Windows
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 16:10:08 GMT
OpenGrok looks and sounds like something I should learn about.

I think my next step is to look into the state of python. Matters may
have been complicated because I did a "dmake clean" after changing my
configure parameters to use a 32 bit JDK, before continuing the steps
from configure on.

There may be a pause - I have some non-programming stuff to do today and
tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all the help. Posting immediately on hitting a problem is
definitely getting faster progress than when I tried to puzzle things
out for myself first.

On 2/2/2016 6:39 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> OpenGrok[1] tells me the pyversion.mk file is in main/python; through
> building it would get delivered to main/solver/... and found by pyuno. Did
> python not build before pyuno did? pyuno/prj/build.lst lists a dependency
> on python when PYTHON is defined[2]:
>
> bgpu    pyuno   :   stoc cpputools cppuhelper bridges tools PYTHON:python
> LIBXSLT:libxslt NULL
>
> but earlier you posted your config.log which had this in it:
>
> PYTHON=''
>
> and I am not sure whether that's enough. If the problem is that the python
> module isn't getting built first, you can force it to build first through
> one of these hacks:
> * delete the "PYTHON:" prefix to "python" from the build.lst line
> * manually building python before resuming the build:
> cd main/python
> build
> deliver
> cd ../instsetoo_native
> build --all -P2 -- -P2

> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=&defs=&refs=&path=pyversion.mk&hist=&project=aoo-trunk
> [2]
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/xref/aoo-trunk/main/pyuno/prj/build.lst
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks. Now I get to:
>>
>> =============
>> Building module pyuno
>> =============
>>
>> Entering /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/pyuno/source/module
>>
>> mkout -- version: 1.8
>> dmake:  makefile.mk:  line 56:  Error: -- Include file pyversion.mk, not
>> found
>>

>> On 2/2/2016 4:18 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>>
>>> For me, main/icu fails to build on Windows about 50% of the time for no
>>> apparent reason; I've begun to think it's some sort of build race
>>> condition
>>> within that module. I haven't seen the buildbots fail there, and nobody
>>> else has reported this problem.
>>>
>>> If this is your problem, the only fix I know is the following hack:
>>>
>>> cd main/icu
>>>
>>> then keep cleaning and rebuilding it until it builds successfully:
>>>
>>> rm -rf wntmsci12.pro
>>> one of: dmake / build -P2 / build -- -P2 / build -P2 -- -P2
>>>
>>> then when it does, continue as before:
>>>
>>> cd ../instsetoo_native
>>> build --all -P2 -- -P2
>>>

>>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote: