openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Building on Windows
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 23:33:32 GMT
On 2/1/2016 7:00 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/1/2016 4:34 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Patricia,

>>> Can you please be more specific about the warnings?
>>>
>>> Are you sure, you start building in instsetoo_native ?
>>>

>> I've posted a message in this thread with config.log attached. Here is the
>> prompt, including current directory, from my attempt to run build. I did my
>> SVN checkout into /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk
>>
>> Patricia@Jan2014Desktop
>> /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/instsetoo_native
>> $ build --all
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Patricia
>>

> Windows is probably the worst platform to build on: it's the slowest and
> apparently the most problematic :-(.

64-bit Windows is one of the commonest platforms that can be used for
software development. The problems with building AOO on it may
discourage a lot of potential developers.

> Nothing seems obviously wrong so far. That perl file your build breaks on
> wasn't changed since 2012. Later I will compare your ./configure options
> with my own that works. In the meanwhile please post the entire sequence of
> commands you ran, from autoconf onwards. You could also "dmake clean" after
> you "source winenv...", then start again from ./configure.

Thanks for looking into it. It appears to probably be, ultimately, an
issue with TortoiseSVN mangling line endings. I am redoing the checkout
using Cygwin's command line svn. Once that is done, I'll copy over a few
things from the old tree, and try again from autoconf on.

Patricia