openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Possible difference between RPM and DEB OO instaals
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:13:18 GMT
On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 06:08:12 -0500
Carl Marcum <cmarcum@apache.org> wrote:

> On 02/01/2016 12:27 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > A thread on en-Forum suggests that there may be a difference, perhaps  even a bug,
between the RPM and DEB linux installs.

> > In /Tools /Options /OpenOffice : General, there is an option to switch between OO
file dialogues and O.S. file dialogues.

> > In this thread
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81618
> > the OP posts a screenshot to show he has not that option running on CentOS 7.1.
 acknak, a Forum Administrator, has the option running on Fedora 23, but indicates that it
doesn't work.   Both of these are RPM installs.

> > It does work for me running on Xubuntu 15.10 (DEB file install)
> >
> > Can list members with appropriate machines confirm this difference before we post
it to Bugzilla?

> RPM install on Fedora 20 w/Gnome 3 works.
>
> Carl
>
> Thanks. I'll pass that on.  We may need to consider a fix - either force a minimal Gnome
download or extend the OO interface to other environments.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>