openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Building on Windows
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 00:10:25 GMT

[orcmid]

+1 on eliminating precompiled headers.  They are an anachronism.

If you can specify the command-line options, here's the scoop.

Using the VC++ command line compiler, you can get most of the options with command

     cl.exe -? | more

Top-of-head recommendation:

   Do not have option /Fp<file> to name precompiled header file
   Do not have option /Yu for using precompiled headers
   Do not have option /Yc for creating precompiled headers
   Ensure that "stdafx.cpp" is not a parameter
   Ensure none of these are in any @options file.
   [The option /Y- appears to disable PCH completely.  You might try that if the above is
not enough.)

   Don't have any #include "stdafx.h"

   Nuke any "stdafx.cpp" and "stdafx.h" files.

How you control this may be a function of (generated?) makefiles and parameters they set,
and that's harder.  If there are some common @option files around, that's not so bad.

You may have to find where/how the command-line options are specified in any makefiles, and
where those come from for generated files.