openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Recovering from broken password (bug 125431)
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:19:22 GMT
On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 11:03:48 -0700
"F C. Costero" <fjcc.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

> We get questions on the forum about how to access a document that no longer
> accepts the encryption password. I assume some of these are due to the
> broken NSS issue #125431. I skimmed through the comments on bugzilla and
> did not see a definitive way to fix the problem. I"m sorry if I missed it.
> What should we tell users to do if we conclude they have this problem?
> Thank you!
> Francis

I saw this query on the Forum and was going to reply to suggest deleting or renaming the user
profile; If that doesn't work it is worth trying on another Mac system, to see if the problem
is o.s. specific and also on another o.s. It may be a report disguising some form of the corrupt
file problem.  Also worth asking of the affected system can save a new trial passworded file
and properly reopen it, to define whether the problem is specific to that file, or specific
to that system.

Rory

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>