openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Lexelius" <i...@lexelius.se>
Subject Draw - crop marks and bleed
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:22:32 GMT
Hello,

I have tested different "free" layout software on the market.
Open Office Draw is the best by far. Good job.
I decided to use Draw to design a very simple book cover.
The background is one color, and it needs to out over the edges.
I extend the rectangle element outside the edges of the workspace.
And I put some crop marks to align with the corners of the workspace.

My problem is that when I export as PDF, these things do not show up.

Only the workspace (page format) is visible.The print place demand that I put the crop marks
and the bleed included in the pdf.
You can do these things in inDesign and some other software.

Can I do it somehow?

Can you build it? Other people on the forums seem to have the same need.
PS. I have asked the print place if I can make the document size larger format, so crop marks
and bleed can be included.
But not possible, this screws up their systems.
DS.

Best regards
Martin Lexelius