openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From J J Wilkerson <wilklaw2...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject A problem with Open Office 4.0.1
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:44:19 GMT
 Hello,
I have been using Open Office since about 12/13, and have been very pleased with it. Today
I started to edit a spread sheet document, and after saving an extensive edit, I could not
open it again. For some reason it is now saved as an Excel document, and Open Office will
not open it.
I thought that I might resolve this by updating the software, and tried to update the program
with open office 4.1.2, but am not being successful. When I get to the installation I get
a message that says, "Please exit OpenOffice 4.1.2 and the OpenOffice 4.1.2 Quickstarter before
you continue...."
As far as I know, I am not using Quickstarter, and I really don't know what to do to open
the spreadsheet I was working on or to update the OpenOffice from 4.0.1 to 4.1.2.
I hope you can help me get going again.
Thanks,
Jim Wilkerson