openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Updating the WHY section of www.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 23:59:31 GMT
I am +1 for also looking at the why_new_computers page as Jan suggests.

Telling people that AOO is free is not the issue.

Where it is an advantage is a matter for users to decide.  We should let them judge for themselves.

Our blanket claims are not helpful and come off like commercial puffery.

I do maintain that it is an opportunity to be able to install AOO for free and determine whether
their needs are satisfied by using AOO for all or much of their document needs or not.

I would suggest that flexibility and leave financial, cost of operation/adoption, and interoperability
determinations to users themselves.  They will presumably know what is most important to them.

Since Office 2007 is also no longer of interest to those who do not have it already, I agree
that there is not much point in making any observations about Office 2007 either.

 - Dennis