openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] How Is Apache OpenOffice Used - Instrumentation
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2015 22:31:40 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I am not certain that we have the resources to do that.  So this is a thought-experiment.

It is a thought-experiment, but it is code we (probably) already have.
Just, we've now disabled the usage tracking, which was existing (always
opt-in, never silently enabled by default) before OpenOffice came to
Apache. You can still find some data on the Wiki. We (probably) don't
have the server-side processing in the code that is in SVN.

I'm not saying that I consider this to be a priority for development.
But if one is curious, everything is likely available in our source code
and on the Wiki somewhere.

Regards,
   Andrea.