openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed Calc "Find & Replace" dialog enhancements
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 23:03:25 GMT
On 16/11/2015 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> One or more issues should be opened on Bugzilla as well, with cross-linking to the Forum
thread(s).
> That's important as a matter of governance.  The Forum threads are not fully part of
the governance and accountability structure of the project.

The discussion is brought to the Forum as an initial, open, free,
discussion, to gather feedback from users. Decision-making is done on
lists but here we are in a "discovery" phase where we simply ask people
for feedback, and the right channels for this are the blog and the
forum, places where we reach our end-users.

Then, in a normal workflow, a proposal should be brought to the dev list
to verify consensus, and issues opened on Bugzilla to track development.

That said, I for one value end result more than the process, so I won't
insist on where we should take the various steps; but it's sad to see
that nothing gets ever posted to the blog, even though we would have
materials for posts.

Regards,
   Andrea.