openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Proposed Calc "Find & Replace" dialog enhancements
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:11:32 GMT
One or more issues should be opened on Bugzilla as well, with cross-linking to the Forum thread(s).

That's important as a matter of governance.  The Forum threads are not fully part of the governance
and accountability structure of the project.

It is unfortunate that there are Forum discussions that reach a form of agreement and the
result need not be known to the developers for their consideration.  They may also reach important
work-arounds and tips that need not be known by those responding to related incident reports
on dev@, users@, and the Bugzilla. (There's an independent Russian Language forum that does
that too, entirely removed from the project!)  The Bugzilla is an appropriate mechanism for
cross-connection at a durable location.

I am uncertain about closing blog comments.  Comments are moderated anyhow, and some may be
pertinent even if not on the direct topic.

 - Dennis

[ ... ]