openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Pending release tasks
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 23:12:42 GMT
Am 10/29/2015 11:50 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:34:55 +0100 Marcus wrote:
>>> And I think I know what went wrong:
>>> I've committed to fast, and not waited for finishing the staging build
>>> before committing the next change.
>
> Probably it was my fault then. I updated the Italian site while you were
> updating download pages (in other dirs). We may have committed in the
> same second. The first broken build at
>
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/ooo-site-site-staging/?numbuilds=50
>
> (number 70) was mine. So if this is the cause, it may have been an
> unfortunate coincidence where I committed after a commit of yours.

ah, interesting. But the (maybe) root cause remains: commit and wait for
the finished staging build. Anyway, let's remember this for the future.

>>> Next task:
>>> Update the headline to 4.1.2 - mostly it's still "New: Apache OpenOffice
>>> 4.1.1 released!" or similar.
>
> Asked to the l10n list, even though we may replace it globally for the
> languages that do not use a translated headline.

OK, I'll try to catch the english ones tomorrow.

>> A question (from my ignorance): is there a flag that can be set on the
>> download page code that forces it to be redownloaded to the querying
>> computer, so that the user does not have to refresh the page in his
>> browser cache?
>
> We could serve a "no-cache" header, but this would need to be checked
> performance-wise, as it would cause a lot of extra load on the server,
> and we don't want it on the release announcement day.

Sure, but it doesn't sound applicable anyway. Maybe we can stick with a
quick answer to users that just need to reload the website. Furthermore
it's only the case for website changes - and these are not that often.

Marcus