openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] Usability of Non-Optional Java Dependencies
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:13:49 GMT
In that case, the basic program should definitely be in Java, to avoid
buffer overflows, undefined operations, and pointer arithmetic.

The Java security issues are associated with attempts to run untrusted
code in various controlled environments. That includes applets, as well
as well as dynamically loaded code in applications. My current attitude
is that I don't want any code I don't trust running on a system I care
about.