openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: University student looking for experience in contributing to the Open Office project
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:21:25 GMT
PATHANGI JANARDHANAN JATINSHRAVAN wrote:
> While running the command you had posted in the previous mail, I got an error from configure:

Good, this means that "configure" is doing its job! It will take a while
to accommodate all requests and setup the system properly, but then you
will be ready to build.

> configure: error: for rebuilding unowinreg.dll you need the mingw32 C++ compiler.
>           Specify mingw32 g++ executable name with --with-mingwin.
>           Or use prebuilt one from http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/
and
>           put it into external/unowinreg using your browser or a command equivalent to:
>           wget -O external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll http://www.openoffice.org/tools/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dll
> This appears to be a Windows based error. Why am I getting this error on a Mac?

No, it's not Windows based. The DLL is needed for cross-platform
functioning of Java extensions, for example. So it is a Windows DLL but
with the default options you need it when building on other systems too.
Anyway, fixing this is easy, you just need to download the file and
place it into the right directory.

Regards,
   Andrea.