openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Board-Reporting Schedule
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 22:31:23 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>                      QUARTER   REPORT    FINAL
>         January 1 - March 31   April     May
>            April 1 - June 30   July      August
>        July 1 - September 30   October   November
>      October 1 - December 31   January   February

The fact that it is by calendar quarters is an arbitrary choice. I
tended to go by quarters for simplicity (so the October report would
describe the situation for Q3: July, August, September). Jan probably
usually sent a report that was more up-to-date, i.e., reflecting recent
events too.

The difference is only 10-15 days, but those days can be eventful ones.
For example, if the October report describes Q3 only, it would have to
state that a release candidate for OpenOffice 4.1.2 is not available,
since we had it on 2 October. But since it is important news, it can
probably fit in the October report too.

There are no precise rules, as far as I know, about the precise period a
report should cover: the Chair is expected to describe the "latest
quarter", and this does not need to be clarified further.

Regards,
   Andrea.