openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Thinking of joining OpenOffice as a developer
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:16:07 GMT
Thanks, Patricia,

[ ... ]
> What is the best guide to building AOO on Windows 8?
>
> I started with
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_o
> n_Windows,
> but hit some issues and want to make sure I'm using the right guide.
[orcmid]

There may be additional information.  The easiest way is to find out exactly what the build
parameters were  for the 4.1.2 release (which should be in the source code archive for that
release).

Then there might be adjustments for building from the SVN trunk.

That is what I would attempt myself.  Expert developers who built the Windows versions can
say more about what works to get a build that matches what is used for a distribution (and
a debugging-build equivalent).

 - Dennis