openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO build system upgrades
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 07:08:31 GMT
Hi

We aren't branching trunk to release 4.1.2, we are porting specific
patches from trunk to the pre-existing AOO410 branch and then tagging
that as the release. The state of trunk doesn't affect the release
stability.

Damjan

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi again Damjan;
>
> I was assuming that we are sort of preparing for a release and we don’t want
> ugly surprises with the build system. On second thoughts we do have a bunch
> of buildbots so we will detect any wrong-going within the build system.
>
> Well, no one is currently using the build branch so I would suggest giving it a
> try. If you find it too much trouble then you could do the work on trunk. In either
> case the idea is to preserve the Oracle changes by using “svn merge”.
>
> I think it’s a fair amount of work but so far you have proved being very capable
> with such changes :).
>
> Thanks +1
>
> Pedro.
>
>> Il giorno 23/set/2015, alle ore 10:48, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi Damjan and list;
>>
>> Working on gbuild would certainly be welcome, however please do so on the gbuild
branch.

>> The branch is really old, I recall it was broken for FreeBSD, so it needs updating.
I realize the request may seem inconvenient but the gbuild branch contains the last OpenOffice.org
code related to gbuild and was relicensed by Oracle for our use.