openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO-Earmarked Funds
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 05:57:36 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I notice, from time-to-time that there seem to be funds that there are AOO-earmarked
funds that the ASF received..

I do not know more about this than anyone else does. It's all in this
mailing list archives. For example see here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2012+June
(June 2012)
We were able to initiate transfer of SPI funds formerly earmarked for
OpenOffice.org to the ASF. However, due to changes in the ASF Fundraising
chair, this transfer has been postponed. Followup with ASF Fundraising is
needed to complete this transaction. These funds, as previously discussed,
will primarily be used for developer travel when needed.

(Note: I'm sure that the transfer was later done successfully and that
the ASF Treasurer now manages these funds under a separate chapter)

> Is it the case that those funds are dedicated to events, such as attendance allowances
and collateral materials?

They were collected for a range of possible targets, but the only one
feasible at Apache was events. Again, the discussion happened before
mid-2012, I wasn't Chair and I didn't have any role in the discussion or
in the project at the time.

> One case that comes to mind would be funding Infra

I don't remember if this was one of the possible uses, but again I
didn't have a major role in the discussion about this in 2012.

Regards,
   Andrea.