openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: FreeBSD build success!
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 17:52:29 GMT
Awesome, Pedro.

Thank you for your effort in this accomplishment too.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:pfg@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2015 10:26
To: Apache OO <dev@openoffice.apache.org>; Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: FreeBSD build success!

Hello;

As Kay has noticed, and basically thanks to the last mile patches from
Don Lewis, we now have green lights on the FreeBSD buildbot.
I consider the FreeBSD port finished and stable.

I couldn't go on without thanking also Gavin McDonald and Andrew Rist
for having set up the buildbot in the first place and all the people
that have been involved in the port since before we moved to Apache.

This is an important step forward because:

1) Even when this has been working for a while in FreeBSD's ports tree,
it is a new platform that can be officially supported by the Apache
project now,

2) The port uses clang and a different toolchain from other systems
and having it on the buildbot will help us do changes more aggressively
detecting code that may not be portable.

So huge thanks again to Don Lewis and let us all enjoy!

Pedro.