openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WEBSITE] Where to link in OpenOffice FAQ?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:21:15 GMT
Marcus wrote:
> Am 08/09/2015 07:09 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> Having looked around a bit, I could not easily find where the general
>> FAQ is linked. It seems to be a link from the "about" page --
>> http://www.openoffice.org/about/
>>
>> which is also no longer linked from the home page.
>>
>> Should we link "About" from http://www.openoffice.org/why/index.html
>> in some way?
>
> in general I think it can be a good place or linking.
>
> However, the FAQs are mostly outdated. Does it make sense to do the
> linking without a greater review and rework?
>
> If we decide for a rework I would comment out any linking to the FAQs
> and replace at least the inital webpage temporarily with an "under
> construction" message.
>
> Marcus
Marcus and Kay;

Many of those FAQ's were merged into the FAQ pages on the mwiki. I had
thought I had notified the dev list and requested those pages be
redirected to the mwiki, but it is possible I checked it off as done on
my todo list but never sent the e-mail. I will double check on which
pages I did and where I added them ion the wiki.

Keith