openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Marshall <j_k_marshall_2...@live.com>
Subject RE: Simple code practice to get started
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2015 18:43:20 GMT
Hi Regina

Thank you for your response.  I have done as you advised and copied just the 'vcl.dll' file
into the existing location and having re-started OpenOffice, the menus are backwards, which
would indicate that the installed software can now see the changes made in the vcl module
following re-build and deliver.  I note that you indicate that simply replacing the relevant
DLL file may not be sufficient when a header file has also been changed, as is the case with
the other example involving the 'cui' module.  In this case, following a re-build and deliver,
what in addition to copying the DLL files must also be done so that the installed code is
aware of this change?

I am keen not to take too much of the time of you and your colleagues and wonder if I have
perhaps missed a section of the OpenOffice website or documentation which would enable me
to read about this type of thing and so solve these problems for myself.  If there is some
information like this, would you be able to direct me to it?  My industry experience as a
software engineer was primarily confined to data warehousing and ETL and due to working for
a large software house, environment and infrastructure efforts were taken care of, which may
explain why the learning curve here for me is initially a little steep.

Thanks

Jason