openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: For Information: Reported Windows 10 problems
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:46:40 GMT
I see this as well:

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/windows-10-changed-all-my-documents-to-read-only/

The test to do is check the file in Windows Explorer.   Right click
and go to the Properties panel.   If it is marked "read only" there,
with AOO not even running, then it is an OS issue.

-Rob

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> I should stat by saying that I do not now use Windows other than an old version for access
to archived files in old formats, so what I write below is based on a quick analysis from
memory of recent Forum postings.

> There are a number of reported Windows 10 problems, some of which are being laid at the
door of OpenOffice although they may be generic W10 upgrade difficulties and/or user problems
with that upgrade.

> I list below some of the recent threads.
>
> The most common problem is that the W10 upgrade leaves all OpenOffice files (and, from
other reports, other application files) in read-only form;  this read-only may possibly be
removable but there is no clear 100% effective path to do this (from the reports below)