openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] ODF Plugfest, September 2015 (was RE: [NOMINATION] Dennis Hamilton ... )
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2015 18:00:59 GMT
On 1 August 2015 at 19:23, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> jan i wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, August 1, 2015, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>>> Well, the project does have funds to spend on events and they have to be
>>> spent, so funding is only a matter of a discussion/vote/consensus here.
>>> Don't worry about this.
>>>
>> We used to have a rule of 250eur if I remember right, travelling from US
>> is
>> likely to be 1000+
>>

> We've never had generic provisions, since all events are specific. I think
> that limit was for FOSDEM. Moreover, we never got to the step of actually
> reimbursing anyone, since nobody ever (me, you, anybody else) asked for
> travel reimbursement in the end... If we set some guidelines, it would make
> sense to have at least a recommendation to prefer short-range travel.

I saw the 250EUR as generic, we briefly discussed it for at least another
event, but you are right it never came to payment time.

I would like to have guidelines, but not really event specific, but a max.
pr person pr event and that is how I saw the 250EUR. We do not need strong
guidelines,
but something should be made, to ensure fairness (e.g. the 250EUR would not
have paid in full my last trip to FOSDEM) and I totally agree with
short-range travel.

rgds
jan i