openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WEBSITE] Where to link in OpenOffice FAQ?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:36:09 GMT
Am 08/21/2015 06:10 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Andrea Pescetti<pescetti@apache.org>
> wrote:

>> Thanks a lot Keith. Indeed
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ
>> seems quite complete, even though it is probably time to renew it and
>> remove references to version 1.x and 2.x; there are some Mediawiki errors
>> but they apply to a few "technical" pages that we can likely remove from
>> the User FAQ.
>>
>> Thanks Keith. This is certainly helpful information. We would
>>>>

>> Sure, and everybody remember that if you don't have a wiki account you can
>> simply ask here and Keith or me will create one for you.
>>
>> right. So, a new task when the CMS is working again.
>>>

>> Well, we shouldn't delay work on the site until the CMS works again... We
>> already have many pending edits. So long as we don't touch very delicate
>> components (like the download JavaScript or the side-wide CSS) we should
>> continue and when the CMS is restored we can fix the occasional HTML errors
>> we didn't notice.
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Andrea.
>

> Yes, this FAQ is quite nice. So, where can we link this from the main web
> site so it will get more attention?

in any case this entry webpage [1] should be replaced with some short
text (like "... the FAQs have moved. Please click this text to get
redirected to our Wiki ...") and a link to the FAQs.

Furthermore some text and the link to the FAQs can be placed here [2].
Maybe as a sixth point at the top of the already existing five.

[1] https://www.openoffice.org/faq.html
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/support/index.html

Marcus