openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open office FAQ
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2015 12:49:10 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 08/06/2015 07:31 AM, Ivanka Skakun wrote:
>> would be really glad to translate your FAQ page
>> https://www.openoffice.org/faq.html as well.

Welcome, Ivanka! Sure, a more complete translation of our website into
Russian would be very important.

> You can download the English version of this page from:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/faq.html?revision=1647456&view=markup

Kay is right, but those FAQ pages are not the best to translate. They
are outdated in the English version and translating them as they are
would not be very helpful to users.

> The Russian site -- http://www.openoffice.org/ru/
> seems to be organized in the new format

The Russian site is still incomplete. Only the home page has been
translated, even if I understand that some translation work might have
been done but not put online.

So in terms of importance we would need the Russian site to be
translated first: all details are here
http://openoffice.apache.org/website-native.html and if Ivanka needs the
"XX" package (the set of 30 pages ready for translation) she can request
them directly here, or, better on the l10n mailing list
https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html where she can get in
contact with previous translators and possibly retrieve incomplete
existing work.

Regards,
   Andrea.