openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Build Problem (solved)
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 17:53:15 GMT
Hi Jason,

Jason Marshall schrieb:
> Hi Regina
>
>
> Thank you for the advice here.  I followed what you said and moved
> the source into the root of C drive, placing it in a directory with
> no special characters.  I did subsequently encounter an issue with
> building the modules associated with the SDK, but I re-ran configure
> with SDK disabled using the --disable-odk command.  Accordingly, the
> build completed and I was able to install from the build.

That is good news. Congratulation.

>
>
> I will not move onto some of the tutorials kindly provided on the OO
> wiki and have a go at hacking some of the code on my own computer.
> Hopefully from there I can tackle some of the smaller issues
> identified on Bugzilla and so make a meaningful contribution.

When you have identified an area of interest, you should write a note. 
OpenOffice is huge. Perhaps you can get then some useful hints and tips 
from our experts.

Kind regards
Regina







>
>
>
>
>
> From: Regina Henschel Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎21‎ ‎July‎ ‎2015 ‎12‎:‎51
To:
> dev@openoffice.apache.org
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason Marshall schrieb:
>> Hi Regina
>>
>> Thank you for looking at this.  I have ensured that with a new
>> Cygwin session I have run the following successfully:
>>
>> /source winenv.set.sh/
>>
>>
>> Following that, I have run the following:
>>
>> /build --all:comphelper 2>&1 | tee mybuild.log/
>>
>>
>> The build again did not progress past building the 'comphelper'
>> module and appeared to have the same error as previously.  However,
>> I have attached the log file, 'mybuild.log' that was produced.
>>
>> When I ran the 'configure' command, I ran this with the following
>> parameters:
>>
>> /./configure --with-frame-home="$SDK_PATH"
>> --with-psdk-home="$SDK_PATH" --with-midl-path="$SDK_PATH/bin"
>> --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant"
>> --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.8.0_45"
>> --with-dmake-url="//https://github.com/mohawk2/dmake/archive/DMAKE_4_12.tar.gz//"
>>
>>
--with-epm-url="//https://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.gz//"
>> --enable-pch --disable-atl --disable-activex --without-junit
>> --disable-directx/
>
> Please try with removed --enable-pch "pch" is "precompiled header
> support"
>
> --with-epm-url is not needed for Windows builds.
>
> You might want to add --without-fonts, download of "gentium"
> sometimes fails.
>
>>
>>
>> I have also included as a file attachment the output of running
>> 'configure' and can confirm that no errors were generated, although
>> two warnings were as follows, which appear to not be related to the
>> issue here:
>>
>> /checking which cppunit to use... configure: WARNING: not using
>> cppunit/ /configure: WARNING: NSIS not found, no self contained
>> installer will be build./
>>
>>
>> I also note from the 'configure' output that the source code is
>> identified as being in the 'tmp' directory as follows:
>>
>> /The variable SRC_ROOT          is set to:
>> C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/
>>
>>
>> Do you think that it may be better for me to delete the part of
>> the build that has succeeded and then unpack the source into
>> another directory that is not temp?  If so, would this simply be to
>> the root of the Cygwin file system?
>
> Yes, I think it is better to put the source not under tmp or any
> other directory, which is set somewhere as temp-directory.
>
> I have always use a directory directly under C: I have always use
> names without special characters. I have never tried to put the
> source somewhere inside cygwin, so I cannot say, whether that is
> possible.
>
> To test, whether the tmp directory is the problem, please move the
> folder aoo-4.1.1 under C: and rename it to e.g. aoo411
>
> You need to remove all remainders of previous build tries then. In
> cygwin change to the main folder of your source, then use the
> following command (all in one line) find . -maxdepth 2 -name
> "wntmsci12*" | xargs rm -rf
>
> In addition you have to manually delete the wntmsci12* folders in
> main/solver in all subfolders of ext_libraries in all subfolders of
> extras
>
> Start with a new configure with parameters.
>
> Hopefully it works better then.
>
> Kind regards Regina
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org


Mime
View raw message