openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Read Only
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 21:42:22 GMT
Am 08/07/2015 09:43 PM, schrieb Janet Monk:
> Since installing Windows 10 all my Open Office files have become “read
> only” and can not be edited or saved in Documents and my databases seem to
> be blocked. How can I resolve this problem?

thanks for your report. Currently we cannot reproduce reports about
read-only documents or other problems after the PC was upgraded to or
installed with Windows 10.

Therefore please can you answer some questions? Maybe it's then easier
to come to the root cause:

1) What version of Windows did you upgrade from?

2) Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

3) Which of the three Windows 10 upgrade options did you do?
a) Fresh install
b) Preserve Data and Programs
c) Preserve data only

4) Where were the documents stored that AOO sees as read-only?
a) Local HD
b) USB stick
c) Network drive
d) Cloud storage

5) Do you see this problem with other applications and their
documents, or only with AOO?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marcus