openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] ODF Plugfest, September 2015 (was RE: [NOMINATION] Dennis Hamilton ... )
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2015 14:28:47 GMT
On 01/08/2015 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I think if we create a portfolio of tests and a few slides on the
> status of AOO by mid-September, anyone could be present as an AOO
> participant.

So in terms of tests we would need, for example, ODF documents exported
by Google Docs (or IBM Docs, or whatever claims to produce ODF) that do
not render as expected in OpenOffice? I assume this "interoperability"
(seeing the type of event) is meant exclusively in ODF format, right?
I.e., nothing related to OOXML for example.

> I do not have the means to travel to The Netherlands for this event.

Well, the project does have funds to spend on events and they have to be
spent, so funding is only a matter of a discussion/vote/consensus here.
Don't worry about this.

> I am willing to go, although it would be valuable to at least have
> someone more technically involved around interoperability testing.  I
> don't think it is necessary to have someone be an official

Sure, any properly skilled contributor can do. Is there a limit on the
number of attendees? You could also be 2 people, Amsterdam is easily
reachable by anyone in Europe.

I find this to be an interesting event, especially as I am preparing an
ApacheCon talk somewhat related to this; but it overlaps with another
event and I won't be able to attend.

> I trust Roberto will continue to participate on the calls

I haven't understood if Roberto is going to attend too, but a stronger
presence at technical and non-technical events can only be beneficial.

Regards,
   Andrea.