openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] RE: [DISCUSS] Calendar for New chair of AOO
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 22:50:03 GMT
The August Board meeting is on August 19 and I suspect that a resolution to the Board must
be provided on or before August 17.  (I couldn't find a different deadline other than 2 days
before.)

My sense is that it is very important to be consistent and deliberate.  For me, August 16
closing of nominations is an established, public date.  There might be some generous lazy
consensus period for reaching a different nomination-closing date so long as there are no
further nominations or any request for the full time to accept nominations.

Apart from concern that we demonstrate care in making any alterations, I am neutral with regard
to the change of the closing date.  As the only current nominee, it is awkward for me to say
any more than that.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2015 11:25
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] RE: [DISCUSS] Calendar for New chair of AOO

On 3 August 2015 at 19:59, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 08/03/2015 12:48 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that so far we have only one candidate.
>> Given the actual situation I'd prefer us to consider the option to speed
>> this up.
>>
>> We have many things to do, ranging from the Digital signing to go out with
>> a new release, if we can close this we could probably focus on technical
>> matters only.
>>
>> Does anyone have a problem to speed up this process?
>
> A big +1 from me, although I'm neither a committer nor a PMC member, I am
> a director, and would love to see AOO move past this road block, and
> potential source of controversy, and on to doing what the project was
> chartered to do.

+1 from me, provided the PMC is in agreement on it.

Please remember the original date was 16 August, so there might be
candidates out there waiting (just like Dennis was not nominated the first
day).

In case the PMC decides to close for more candidates, I suggest a 72 hour
(+weekend if needed) lazy consensus, and then I can make the needed
resolution to board,
we might even make it to the August board meeting.

rgds
jan i.