openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Marshall <j_k_marshall_2...@live.com>
Subject RE: Build Problem
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:18:59 GMT
Hi Regina

Thank you for looking at this.  I have ensured that with a new Cygwin session I have run the
following successfully:

source winenv.set.sh

Following that, I have run the following:

build --all:comphelper 2>&1 | tee mybuild.log

The build again did not progress past building the 'comphelper' module and appeared to have
the same error as previously.  However, I have attached the log file, 'mybuild.log' that was
produced.

When I ran the 'configure' command, I ran this with the following parameters:

./configure --with-frame-home="$SDK_PATH" --with-psdk-home="$SDK_PATH" --with-midl-path="$SDK_PATH/bin"
--with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant" --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.8.0_45" --with-dmake-url="https://github.com/mohawk2/dmake/archive/DMAKE_4_12.tar.gz"
--with-epm-url="https://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.gz" --enable-pch
--disable-atl --disable-activex --without-junit --disable-directx

I have also included as a file attachment the output of running 'configure' and can confirm
that no errors were generated, although two warnings were as follows, which appear to not
be related to the issue here:

checking which cppunit to use... configure: WARNING: not using cppunit
configure: WARNING: NSIS not found, no self contained installer will be build.

I also note from the 'configure' output that the source code is identified as being in the
'tmp' directory as follows:

The variable SRC_ROOT          is set to: C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main

Do you think that it may be better for me to delete the part of the build that has succeeded
and then unpack the source into another directory that is not temp?  If so, would this simply
be to the root of the Cygwin file system?

If you require any further information, please do let me know.

Thanks again.

Jason

> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:03:11 +0200
> From: rb.henschel@t-online.de
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Build Problem
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> you have put the source into a folder under "tmp". I see the same in the
> mail you referred. I'm not sure, but it might be, that this confuses
> some path settings.
>

> Some curious errors appear, if the path settings are not applied or if
> build is called from a wrong directory.
>
> Please close your cygwin window. Then open it again.
> Change into folder "main" of the source.
> Call command
>
>      source winenv.set.sh
>
> Change into folder "instsetoo_native"
>
> Call command
>
>      build --all 2>&1 | tee mybuild.log
>
> If build still breaks, you should provide some more information, for
> example your configure command with all its parameters.
>

> Some access errors might occur, when an antivirus software is running.
> You can try to exclude the AOO source directory from any scan or you
> deactive the antivirus software while compiling (and do nothing parallel
> in that state!).
>
> Kind regards
> Regina
>

> Jason Marshall schrieb:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I am attempting to build OpenOffice on Windows 7 32-bit having downloaded version
4.1.1 of the source code.  I have got as far as calling build, but have encountered the following
error which terminates the build:

> > =============
> > Building module comphelper
> > =============
> > Entering /tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/comphelper/prj
> > cd .. && make -s -r -j1   && make -s -r deliverlog
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/isal.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/icppuhelper.lib not defined: Assuming headers to
be there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/icppu.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/iucbhelper.lib not defined: Assuming headers to
be there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/ivos.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/msvcprt.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be
there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/uwinapi.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be
there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/kernel32.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be
there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/msvcrt.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be
there!
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/oldnames.lib not defined: Assuming headers to be
there!
> > [ build PKG ] comphelper_inc
> > [ build PCH ] precompiled_comphelper
> > precompiled_comphelper.cxx
> > awk: fatal: can't open source file `C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild/processdeps.awk'
for reading (No such file or directory)
> > C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild/PrecompiledHeaders.mk:49: recipe for
target '/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/workdir/PrecompiledHeader/nodebug/precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch'
failed
> > make: *** [/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/workdir/PrecompiledHeader/nodebug/precompiled_comphelper.hxx.pch]
Error 2
> > dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'
> > 1 module(s):
> >          comphelper
> > need(s) to be rebuilt
> > Reason(s):
> > ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/comphelper/prj
> > When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:
> >          build --all:comphelper
> >
> > I have confirmed that 'processdeps.awk' does indeed exist and believe that the problem
is that the script is attempting to find the file using a following directory, which is clearly
invalid:

> > C:/cygwinc:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/solenv/gbuild
> >
> > It therefore seems that for some reason the build process is using a patently incorrect
file path.  I have tried to understand the workings of the 'build' script and the overall
process, including looking in the relevant 'build.lst' file, but there is nothing obvious.
 Also, I note that this issue was reported by someone else previously at the following link:

> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-dev/201301.mbox/%3C50F54500.6050806@googlemail.com%3E
> >
> > However, it did not appear to get any answer.  I am rather stumped and essentially
cannot move forward, so if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.