openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrap download failures, mainly from http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 10:28:31 GMT
On 24/06/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 06/23/2015 11:15 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Before we do anything with it, can we decide on the name?
>> oooextras.mirror is clearly confusing since it is not a mirror ...
> I thought the SF mirror was just that -- a mirror of
> /trunk/external_sources ... the Google Code area was a direct upload

I'm reviewing these issues since we need to remove the dependency on
Google Code in the 4.1.2 sources (reason is very simple: Google Code
won't offer a downloads sections any longer, by their own universal
policy, nothing to do with OpenOffice).

Just a few clarifications:

1) The thing we need to have mirrored is not
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/ext_sources/ (our SVN is
OK); the thing we want to mirror is
https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/downloads/list
; the two are different since the former does not contain the "Category
B" dependencies; for example, hunspell is only in the latter.

2) http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ is already
configured correctly to be a copy of the Google Code one; trunk uses it
and it builds correctly.

3) I had proposed to change the name of oooextras.mirror for clarity
since we could use simply http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras ; I
would make the change before we release 4.1.2 (lazy consensus).

4) Once the above is done, we remove the dependency on Google Code in
both trunk and 4.1.2.

5) The whole Apache Extras is going to be moved to SourceForge, if I
understand correctly from community lists; but it will be a collection
of individual SourceForge repositories, so we can definitely move and
just use it without need to coordinate with other projects; then "our"
project will be put in the appropriate container.

Regards,
   Andrea.