openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marco A.G.Pinto" <marcoagpi...@mail.telepac.pt>
Subject English Dictionaries updated - 1-JUN-2015
Date Sat, 30 May 2015 23:46:55 GMT
Hello!

I have released a new version of the English dictionaries for OpenOffice:
- en_CA (Canadian) (updated: 2015-05-18)
- en_GB (British) (updated: 2015-06-01)*
- en_US (American) (updated: 2015-05-18)

* en_GB has 564 new words.

You canwait a few days until AOO triggers it or download it from the
Extension site:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice

Also, the Mozilla en_GB:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary-2

And the Proofing Tool GUI project site:
http://marcoagpinto.cidadevirtual.pt/proofingtoolgui.html

In the second half of June I will try to enhance Proofing Tool GUI (the
Hunspell tool I use for editing the dictionaries) in order for it to
accept also:
     1) FLAG long     2) FLAG num
At first I thought it would be very hard but, during sleep, I came up
with an easy idea (just waiting for my vacation).
Still, it won't support recursivity since it is very complex... but I am
always coming up with new ideas... and maybe I will figure out something
then.

Also, I only added 564 new words this time because my PhD supervisor has
been over me saying "More studying and less hobbies" :-(

Thanks!

Kind regards from your friend,