openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controller class for documents/textView classes in Open Office (NSDocument like?)
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 15:52:19 GMT
Le 24/04/2015 21:48, ANTHONY CRUZ a écrit :

Hi Anthony,

> Ideally, I’d like to work with the Open Office source code for the main app on OS X.
I was attempting to set up a working Xcode project (which I prefer over Eclipse and I’m
interested in the Aqua build), so I’d be able to run and debug the application like a typical
Cocoa app but there isn’t an obvious way to set up an project since there is quite a bit
of source code and the class documentation is a bit hard to find (for me, navigating the Wiki
to find relevant info was not easy).

> Piecing it all together by looking through the source code with no knowledge of a project
of this size is going to be quite time consuming so I was hoping someone could point me in
the right direction. Is there only a thin native Cocoa layer in the main app? Is the textview
used for documents native (does it use NSTextView?) I’d like to learn more about the primary
C++ classes used in the app since it is quite easy to interoperate with C++ from Objective-C.

>From my very incomplete understanding of the LibreOffice code (I haven't
looked at the AOO codebase recently so there may be some differences in
repo structure), there is a very thin Cocoa wrapper around a maze of C++
classes.

Most of the low level quartz/osx stuff is in VCL.

Alex