openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: Board report second version.
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 17:20:03 GMT
Hi

Sorry for top posting.

I have just been made aware, that my understanding of chair role was wrong.
The Chair has the responsibility to make the board report:

"The report is mainly about the status of the project, together with any
community and legal issues or other general impediments. If there are
issues requiring board assistance, then make that apparent, separate from
any general project news. You can seek input from your PMC, but it is
mainly your report to the board. The chair does not report to the PMC- the
chair reports to the board (i.e. ultimately to the ASF membership)."

Therefore I have updated the report, based on the comments I have received
so far, by making sure it still highlight our problems, but also what we do
to counter them.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2015+Apr

The report timing is:
April 8, the report must be in the board agenda (I will add it today, to
stop discussion in another ML)
April 13, last chance to update the report in the board agenda (this is
likely to change to 22th)

As the quote above says "You can seek input from the PMC"; and I would like
to hear comments which I can incorporate in the report.

thanks in advance, and sorry for the confusion.

jan I.