openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jonathon <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report proposal, please comment before April 5.
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 04:05:46 GMT
On 05/04/15 00:37, jan i wrote:

> felt that I as new AOO chair, had formulated the report too negative and against the
wishes of the community

I'm going to suggest that said PMC Member was simply shocked at the
radical difference in reporting styles.

You (Jan) do not like negative surprises. Consequently, your reports
reflect that POV.
Andrea is more surprise-tolerant, and consequently reports reflect that
POV.

Both reports are accurate. The difference is simply one of managerial
style --- mention potential risks, or only mention documented risks.
Both styles have their virtues.  Both styles have their vices.  The
people kicked upstairs can be traumatized by the difference in reporting
styles, during the transition process.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English