openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Board report proposal, please comment before April 5.
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 18:15:50 GMT
Am 04/01/2015 10:42 AM, schrieb jan i:
> On 1 April 2015 at 09:33, Andrea Pescetti<pescetti@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>> I think we could resume some work here. At least, bring to the trunk the
>> small list of fixes we have already available (and which I listed here on
>> this list some weeks ago). 4.1.2 has to happen and I would like to see
>> reflected in the Board report that the project still feels committed in
>> getting it out as soon as possible with the current resources. So "no work
>> is active" should become something like "work is progressing at a slow
>> pace, but the project remains committed to delivering 4.1.2 as soon as
>> possible". This is based on the expectation that the latter will be true
>> and more visible when the Board report is committed: I will also try to go
>> back to the list of bugs later this week.
>>
> I agree that we are committed to bringing out the release (changed text to
> reflect that) and that we could and should resume some work here, but that
> is future and the report is about the last 3 months, so I prefer to keep
> the "no work is active". I would be more than happy to report next time,
> that we have actually managed to bring out a release.

+1, I also see the current development of 4.1.2 as stalled. I don't see:

- applications for the release manager - even not after 2 (?) callouts.
- tests with the new certification environment
- bugfixes or committs that would support directly the release

Sure, I can be wrong and have missed the crucial mails. But currently
that is my impression and opinion.

Marcus