openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about your product
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 21:38:36 GMT
On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Rose Langer <r.langer@live.nl> wrote:

> She asked me about it but i was unable to answer a question. She wonders
> about privacy of your product. Her question basicly was wether you or
> anyone else can see what she writes? Like it is somehow send or saved
> without her knowing?
> I hope you can help/inform us and many thanks in advance!

Hi Rose.

Apache Open Office is a "desktop application". That is, a program that is
installed in your computer and works in your computer, locally. It doesn´t
work "on the web" neither is it a so-called "cloud" application (like
Google Docs is) which work "on the web" and sends documents to "the cloud".

With Apache Open Office, like with traditional Microsoft Office, what you
write stays on your computer (provided that you save your work files to
hard disk, and don´t e-mail those files :).

Hope this helps.
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell