openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] What should we do with the "Why Compliance?" page on the website
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 08:37:25 GMT
For what it's worth (and I'm sure there are some on this list who believe it is worth very
little), I didn't and don't like the GPL-bashing verbiage, precisely because it is not consistent
with ASF statements and leaves ASF open to the kind of criticism Bradley Kuhn has leveled.

The page was originally written and "discussed" at a time when some factions of the PMC were
not really entertaining dissent from an agenda of emphasizing the differences between AOO
and LO/TDF, and I didn't feel it would help for me to suggest that AOO should concentrate
on engineering and if anything practice generosity towards sister projects (which is closer
to the Apache Way).

But, since you've called for discussion and vote, I would vote -1 on leaving the page as-is,
and +1 on changing it as JimJag (VP of Legal Affairs) has asked.

Danese