openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PMC Chair nominations
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:07:40 GMT

> On 30-01-2015, at 19:04, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I don't remember if Louis has declinded or agreed to be again a chair candidate.
>
> I explicitly wrote that anybody who was running, besides Dennis and Jan, had 3 days (after
the 26 days we had already spent in discussions) to self-nominate or be nominated by someone
else who had preliminary checked the candidate's availability.

> I explicitly named Marcus, Rob, Kay, Juergen and Louis as people who had been nominated
in the previous round.

> None of them, except Marcus, wrote back.
>
> I sent another reminder 24 hours to the deadline.
>
> None of them wrote back. All of them wrote to the list during those 3 days.
>
> I waited 24 hours after the deadline, in case there were e-mails stuck in moderation
for whatever reason.

> None of them wrote back.
>
> Now the nominations phase is over and we are voting. This discussion lasted one entire
month.

>> If nominated, and then elected, sure, what the heck. :-)
>
> I take this as a joke... but, anyway, we are voting.

And you take it rightly. It is a joke. I’m not running, only the two named are, and it’s
too late for me, anyway, as it is for anyone else.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Cheers,
Louis