openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Morris \(aka Col Boogie\)" <Howard_Cary_Mor...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: html code generated from Open Office
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 19:40:33 GMT
I’d like to thank everyone for their suggestions.
I think I will try Dennis Hamilton’s suggestions first.
I will continue my conversion approach for a while just to get a better understanding of what
is going on.

When I get into the Open Office code, I will also try to look at the copy paste from a browser
screen problem.
I have done it myself a number of times and have seen more problems than reported.

Open Office has trouble when I input an html file I have written, not unexpected.
I think JavaScript is especially worrisome, maybe we could convert them to macros.
I expect CSS is also a problem.

I can adapt to most any computer language, but I will avoid APL (it’s code uses a lot of
the Greek alphabet).

If I ever fix this task, there is a copy paste from Calc to Writer I’d like to address.
Currently, the copy paste ends up as an image in Writer, I’d like to see it changed to a
table.
The functions (macro anyone?) would get lost, but they are lost anyway now.

I also remember seeing emails about trouble with Open Office Math.
>From using it, it looks like LaTex code.
Editing Open Office Writer in Word and saving it in .odt format, the LaTex code gets changed.
It would be nice if we added an insert a “Greek letter” as a Math options panel.
If anyone wants to redo it, I know how to write math expressions using native html.
Basically I use an (inline) table to hold all the symbols.
I do realize that currently Open Office cannot have a table in the middle of a paragraph.
However, I think we can sneak  in a construct.

Howard