openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] #1 New PMC Chair (was RE: Short-term priorities for OpenOffice)
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:21:30 GMT
On 26/01/2015 RA Stehmann wrote:
> Apart from his official duties the PMC chair is seen as the
> representative of AOO by the public (Whether we like it or not.)

This happens. More rarely than one would think, but still I confirm that
I very occasionally received requests from the press. I simply routed
them to the PMC.

> As said "critical" points are the relations to LibreOffice and to
> companies, which are able to contribute code or anything else to our
> project.

These are tasks for the PMC. The Chair cannot impose his point of view
on these matters. The PMC can surely agree to delegate these tasks to a
person (who may or may not be the Chair) and it is the PMC vision, not
the Chair's vision, that matters here. This is why I consider this to
come later than the election of a new Chair.

Regards,
   Andrea.