openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Report 01 - scams and fraud "openoffice.org/ko"‏
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 23:02:58 GMT
> On 16 Jan 2015, at 16:57, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Zemma Yun wrote:
>> I am a Mac OS user. I am sending this email because I want to report
>> Korean language website www.openoffice.org/ko
>
> Thanks for your report (and to Dennis for investigating). This is now fixed. I confirm
that the Korean pages at
> http://www.openoffice.org/ko
> were pointing to a domain openoffice DOT or DOT kr that is currently apparently abandoned
and redirecting to a spam site.

> Our website is translated by volunteers. If you can help us translating the pages into
Korean, you would be welcome to do so! Please contact us following the information that you
will find at the current version of the http://www.openoffice.org/ko page.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

OpenOffice had, once, a strong Korean localisation and promotion team. That was a while ago.
However, Korean steps toward open source and open document formats have continued. I just
don't know if the same people are involved, but I can find out. Most of my contacts were in
developer communities but also in the government and sponsored associations.

cheers,
Louis