openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CentOS build box.
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:17:28 GMT
On 16/12/2014 jan i wrote:
> On 16 December 2014 at 18:05, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Can we do something in parallel, like preparing a VM offline? And
>> what format should it be in? These are probably stupid questions, but if we
>> know that then we can look for help with clearer ideas.
> Well assuming tethys is avialable, putting ubuntu on it is 1-2hours work
> (with ldap puppet etc), VMs can be prepared offline,the popular hypervisors
> all have format conversion tools so thats not a problem. The hypervisor
> could be whatever the maintainer knows best (e.g. kvm). Preparing a vm is
> also 1-2hours.

Coming to doing: I can prepare a CentOS 5 VM (64 bit) during the
weekend, with the same disk layout as the current CentOS 6 VM and with
the same sshd configuration. I will need information on how the network
is supposed to be configured, since ideally I'd like to have it working
out of the box at Apache. Then others can go on and configure it, but
Ariel was already working on it before noticing we had the wrong version
of CentOS.

Of course, before that we should ensure that we still have tethys
available and that it already has a supported (by Infra, I mean) 64-bit
Linux system as the host (or that one is installed via the standard
Infra processes). Should this paragraph go to an Infra JIRA?

Regards,
   Andrea.